Wednesday, March 21, 2012

BB Senshi Project

Thank you very much for visiting my blog,  this blog will focus primarily on BB senshi because I am obsessed to them recently.  Please leave me some messages if you have any suggestion, comments and concern, I will try to reply them as quickly as I can.

Back in the late 80s, there is a line of toys called BB Senshi produced by Bandai. The name BB Senshi( BB Warriors) comes from the BB bullet shooting gimmick that came with every single one of them. And at the price range of 300 yen (about 3 USD), that was about as affordable as GUNPLA gets for kids with very little access to money.


Here's the list of all the BB Senshi in Japanese:

BB Senshi List

Just recently, I got nostalgic and started to look for some of these toys. Much to my surprise, the new releases have taken out the series's namesake gimmick, the new BB Senshis does not come with the little gun that shoots out the BB bullets(or the missile type bullet for that matter)! Apparently the toy safety regulation in Japan has gotten tighter and the tiny spring guns are deemed unsafe for children! I am all for child safety, but taking the fun out of the toys is just not right.  So for the love of the series I feel like I must get all of them before it is too late(I think that's a good enough excuse).

So now the hunt is on, I have to find all the BB Senshi with the gun gimmick. In a way it is good that they stopped the spring gun gimmick, this way I only have to go after a finite number of these model kits. They actually have four main series as it turn out.

1. Mobile Suit Gundam
2. Samurai Gundam
3. Knight Gundam
4. GArms (kindda like Gundam Force)

Due to time restriction, I know i won't be able to build those colorful knights and samurais, so I will just limit my collection to the Mobile Suit and GARMs. But I am not ruling out the MUSHAs entirely because I was a big fan for that series too.

Here's a list of kits that I have finished:






No comments:

Post a Comment